Old 28-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Kathryn Burlingham

Ann Burlingham wrote:
"sue and dave" writes:

If its lavender you want, for scent, for packaging, or for sale in any way,
you ( and I) just don't live in the right part of this world to have it as
a perennial.

I'm surprised to read this, as I'm in zone 5 (a or b I'm not really
sure - sort of on the cusp, so far as I can tell) and the lavender
plant my great uncle from Olean, NY (zone 4b or 5a by the map I see)
gave me from my garden in the early 1970s throve for years. When I did
notice it dying back after 15-20 years, I grew a new plant by rooting
a cutting, and that plant is now doing pretty well itself. Maybe I've
just been lucky?

Wasn't it planted right up by the foundation of the study? All that nice
cement to cozy up to, on the south side?