Old 28-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Dennis Edward

"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi my name is Ed and im new to this group.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and have a small yard. I want to put in
a couple of Raised garden beds. I would appreciate any advice on
growing vegetables in raised gardens and any ideas on plans for raised
gardens.

I live in Vancouver, BC, so probably very similar climate. I built raised
beds last year. This year I'm tearing them down and building a retaining
wall around the entire garden area to raise and level my garden a bit. IMO,
if you have enough space to build as many beds as you want, then raised beds
are a great idea. But if, like me, you have a fairly limited area, then
raised beds and the paths between them seem to be a relatively inefficient
use of space. This year I'll be able to grow significantly more stuff, and
I'll have more flexibility in layout.