Old 28-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Derek Mark Edding

Even if it is not on a permanent foundation.?

While I apologize in advance for the digression, I was surprised to
learn how broad the kinds of projects are that require a building permit.

I don't know if Cary is unusual in this regard, because I haven't
checked what the requirements are in other cities and towns.

The requirement for a shed or storage building is that it must have a
building permit if it exceeds 12 feet in any dimension.

Other things that require a building permit:

- installing a ceiling fan
- replacing a furnace or air conditioner
- installing an attic fan, skylight, or gas logs

http://www.townofcary.org/depts/dsdept/I&P/inpfaq.htm

If the town went around enforcing these, a lot of people on my block
would be in trouble!

-dreq