Old 28-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Amber Ormerod

"Spider" wrote in message
Hello again Amber,

I've been back to the drawing board, but I'm hampered by not knowing the
dimensions of your (or indeed any) wormery ...

However, my current thought is that you might be able to use a large,
black(or green) upturned dustbin. You won't need the lid*, of course.

The
dustbin should be drilled with lots of airholes for ventilation, but still
retain enough panel integrity to remain rigid. It would be very simple

attach a handle to the base of the dustbin (now the top of your wormery)

so
that you can lift it off when required.

*You could try using the lid for extra protection by bolting it to the top
of your wormery cover, thereby boosting high-level shelter _and_ using the
integral handle, instead of having to buy/make one.

Now tell me it won't fit ..! :~{

Oh it won't fit :-)) kidding

Its a can of worms and I also have an original wormery. Picies of both at
http://www.greengardener.co.uk/wormeries.htm

I have some spare bins about. So would the bin provide enough protection?