Old 28-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Rod

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:05:56 -0000, "Duncan Heenan"
wrote:

Phase 2 is smaller, about 30metres by 7 metres, but a sun trap - very
sheltered with a south facing back wall. It is on the south of the Isle of
Wight, about 1/2 mile from the sea with a mild climate and frosts are rare
and moderate. The soil is reasonably moist but well drained, not rich, and
is a mixture of clay and sandstone, and I shall have little chance of
improving it much.
I have already decided to have some apricot fans on the back wall, and a
couple of olive trees, but now I've run out of ideas. Ideas please! Over to
you.

I've never gardened in such a favoured spot so this is purely
speculative, would you get away with some of the hardier Citrus?

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.