Old 29-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Adam Schneider

Kathryn Burlingham wrote:

Adam Schneider wrote:

Our worst weed here so far has been the bittercress -- this is
something they don't have in Minnesota, as far as I can remember, and
there's loads of it all around our house here. It flowers/seeds when
it's VERY small, and it loves winter.

Hm. I'm not sure what you're referring to, and a quick look at Sunset
Western's weeds pages isn't helping. I might know it if I saw it,
though. But perhaps not, we seem to have a different set of problems.

Here's a couple local pages about the evil bittercress:

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/nursery-...ress_page.html

http://mint.ippc.orst.edu/bittercress.htm

(I'm not sure which species of "Cardamine" is taking over my yard, but the pictures on these pages give the general idea.)

Adam