Old 29-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Al

Actually in your example we are dealing with neither the subjective nor
objective pronoun. We are dealing with a relative pronoun that you have
used to start the relative clause "who finished blooming 2 weeks ago"

In American speak the relative pronounes are, "who", 'that" and "which".
Relative pronouns do not have a gender. However, the words "that" and
"which" are used to refer back to an object that is not a person, but "who"
is often used also.

Deciding to use "that"or "which" is a matter of choice also, but if you can
determine if the relative clause is essential to the sentence or if it is
just a thought that is added on, you can chose which is *more* correct. Use
"that" when the relative phrase is essential. Use 'which" when the sentence
would make sense if the relative phase were omitted.

"whom" wold be wrong here no matter what.

"Phalguy" wrote in message
Thank you everyone!

I don`t know why it`s spiking again but I am quite happy!

Thank you also for the grammar lesson :-)

Claude

"Al" wrote in message
| The answers are "maybe" and "who"
|
| It is impossible to say with 100% certainty that that brand of
fertilizer
is