Old 30-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Gail Futoran

"scratchy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail, are you pruning yet? The roses are definitely convinced it's
spring. What's on your mind for replacements? I developed a fetish late
last year and have a wall of hybrid misks on the way.
SCTX (near Austin) Zone 8

Hi Scratchy -

I saw your corrected post but honestly, I *read* hybrid
musks above!

Haven't started pruning yet. I have been caught by late
freezes and lost roses, so I usually wait until later in
Feb. Plus I've been involved in other projects that
couldn't wait (new Purple Martin houses).

One of my first roses was a Moon Shadow. I really
liked it but it died after only a year or two and I
replaced it with something else. Now I'm ready to
try it again. I also kind of like the Austin roses, have
had good luck with several of those, and there's a
new yellow/gold I like (can't recall the name). My
garden is a real mixture of modern and old garden
roses.

My only Hybrid musk is Lavender Lassie, which I
adore. It's planted on one side of a small trellis,
with a passionvine planted on the other side. I got
into Noisettes a few years ago and have been
impressed with their growth. I have a bunch
planted at one end of my rose garden to serve as
a windbreak.

Gail
northeast of San Antonio TX