Old 30-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Newt

Wrote:
I am starting my first garden season here in NC. I want to start some
seeds indoor (flowers, herbs and some vegetables like peppers and
tomatoes). When is the best time to start them? Should I have already
started my tomato and other seeds that say to start them
6-7 weeks before last frost date? Do I need to use grow light for this
or it is not necessary?
Thank you,
Genya

Hi Genya,

You should find these sites helpful.

Flowers - perennials and annuals
http://tinyurl.com/5nhtr
http://theseedsite.co.uk/
http://tinyurl.com/7ya7c
http://www.chestnut-sw.com/seedhp.htm
http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/wtrsow/
http://tinyurl.com/6jnps

Veggie info:
http://tinyurl.com/5bmo7
http://tomclothier.hort.net/page11.html
http://tinyurl.com/4fgs6
http://www.gardenersnet.com/veggies.htm
http://tinyurl.com/67sk8
http://tinyurl.com/4xudm

That should get you started. Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Do keep in mind that paying attention to the soil (when planting in the
garden) is most important. Healthy soil that has been amended with
compost will give you healthier plants that will be better able to
withstand stress, pests and diseases.

Knowing your hardiness zone will be helpful.
http://www.gardenweb.com/zones/zip.cgi

Newt

--
Newt