Old 30-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Mike Lyle

jane wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:14:44 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

~
~"Kay" wrote in message
~ In article ,

Sacha
~ writes
~ Do the birds know something we don't? Of all the food sources
hung ~up for
~ them at the moment, the birds are going mad for the balls of

fat
~and seed
~ and ignoring peanuts etc.
~
~ Mine tend not to go for peanuts anyway. Sunflower seeds are a

more
~ convenient size ;-)
~
~ But we're not far from the nesting season, it's still not warm,

and
~they
~ will want food with lots of 'energy' - which in bird terms is

high
~fat.
~ Why go for high fat peanuts if there's even higher fat fat balls
~nearby?
~
~ btw, is it just me, or is everyone else getting all the posts in
~ duplicate atm?
~
~Not me. On the other hand about 20% of the posts don't ever reach
me. ~I only become aware of them by the time somebody else's reply
gets ~here. (And no, I don'thave any blocked senders.

Likewise. It's BT's wonderfully hopeless server. Most threads I
receive appear to start so I usually rewire the newsgroup

settings
once a week from news.btinternet.com to freenews.netfront.net and
let it go and pick up all the missing bits/original posts. Though

this
one lets *everything* through including some stuff you'd probably
rather not, at least you get to see most postings.

I then put it back to BT settings so I can send, and I have all the
reference posts.

(reminds me, I'll just do it now before sending to see how many

posts
it's missed in a week)

ok 72 lost postings in 6 days... last did it on Monday 24th. Bleh.
One undecipherable (deleted) the rest proper posts.

Less trouble to shift to the German server: I'm a bit surprised BT
bother to have a news server of their own, and they may well decide
to follow AOL's example and scrap it if it isn't a very good one. You
can get hooked up free of charge from:
http://news.individual.net/

Mike.