Old 30-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Theo

Michael Cameron wrote:

Hi there,

This is my first post, so we'll see how this goes.

I want to start some seeds, but I am concerned about the sprouts damping off
and dying on me. Is there something I can do to help avoid this? The seeds
I am going to plant a

Wisteria sinensis (Chinese Wisteria), and Wisteria sinensis Alba (White
Wisteria). I think they look beautiful and would really like to try
growing them. Are there any special instructions that apply to treating
the seeds to get them to germinate?

I know starting from seeds is a slow process, that's fine. I have 2 other
trees that I have growing, and 2 cuttings I'm taking this spring.

Thanks for any advice you could provide.
Happy Bonsai, from Loretto (north of Toronto), Ontario, Canada.

I gues your climate is not the best one for these seeds
and you are far too early in the season
secondly seeds are often weak and are attacked by a lot of pests and
only few survive
third this is why a grafted plant or an adult forom nursery is
generally more strong to survive
forth some seeds as impollinated with whatever have some glitches and
do not germinate properly
Winsteria is not a native from Canada so I guess more hard to
germinate and survive in a such cold climate

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :