Old 30-01-2005, 11:01 PM
James Aldridge

Just as a note, I have been raising a number of cattleyas in what phal
growers call "mud" -- just plain, old soilless potting mix (ProMix HP
-- the HP for high porosity). They're happy as clams so long as I am
really careful about letting them dry out thoroughly before watering.

Jim

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:51:59 -0800, tbell wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:11:06 -0800, wrote
(in article .com):

Has anyone grown orchids using cocnut coir as a medium? I was
wondering if it holds too much water for orchids. Thanks!
Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com

I have done, using clay pots, and those I tried, mainly Catts, seemed to
thrive as long as the water ran through quickly and they were not watered
before they had largely dried.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700