Old 31-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Steve

IiSpankyii wrote:

Does anyone know if AOL has posted anything to the contrary?

I'm to the point of believing it's true. I went to AOL.com to see if
anything was there. I didn't see anything. I noticed they provided a
search feature, so I used it. I searched for aol newsgroups. That lead
to news stories from other sites that reported that AOL will stop
providing newsgroups early this year.

You don't need AOL anyway. See what else is available in your area. Call
them up first and make sure they offer both orchid newsgroups, RGO and ABPO.

AOL is an expensive dinosaur that provides lots of things that you don't
use anyway. Now they (perhaps) will not be offering what you do use.

Steve