Old 31-01-2005, 12:50 AM
scratchy

Hi Rogerx,

I wasn't sure about the lack of pigment in the foliage you described,
but the description of the long narrow leaves and the strange buds was
what got my blood pumping. An instant vision of decimated roses went
through my head. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

I noticed after I posted the link to Baldo's page that he still hasn't
corrected the page and information for RMV appears under the photos
instead of information about rose rosette, so thanks for the link.

You might want to take a sample up to your county extension office to
get confirmation. Even if you don't want to risk waiting before you
destroy the plant, you'd recognize the symptoms for what they were if
it ever happened again.

scratchy
Zone 8 TX (near Austin)