Old 30-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Kay

In article , David
writes
I have two pernettya shrubs in my garden; one is supposedly a male plant,
the other female. Every spring/summer both plants get lots of little white
flowers, but I have never had any berries from either plant. They were
planted about 3 or 4 years ago (semi-shade, moist) and are doing well
otherwise.

Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do to persuade these shrubs to
produce berries?

They should be doing fine. Check that you have indeed got one of each -
look at the flowers through a hand lens, see that you have stamens in
one and a stigma in the other. Don't know how easy it is to see on
pernettya - it's easy on skimmia.
--
Kay