Old 30-01-2005, 10:11 PM
jakalad

I learned a few new tips at the potato day today too. If you .....
I'll need to hunt out my notebook for the others... but I've never

seen so many folk scrabbling for spuds in my life! It was a scrum!
(And I now have 67 tubers of 11(!) varieties laid out to chit...
wooops. Though only 7 were impulse buys...)

Hi Jane Thank you and the others for the info on 'floury' spuds.
Interested to know what 'potatoe' day you attended. Was it the HDRAS'.
Sounds kind of intereting and useful. I presume you would recommend.

Just bought some Duke of Yorks and Fir Apples so I will see how they go
this year. Looking for the Belle de Fontenay but thewy seem to be scarce.
May try Ratte instead. May need another allotment just for spuds at this
rate! Jak