Old 30-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:26:14 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

I did a Google search on 'Victor Borge DVD' and found many listings.

http://au.store.yahoo.com/readersdigest/750527.html

It could be a good addition to the DVD collection.

The trouble is that all the DVDs are zone 1 and my player won't accept
those but they are all duplicated on VHS so I think I agree, that one
looks good so I'm going to send for the tape version. Silly 'cos
normally the first thing I do is Google but just didn't think of doing
that in this case. Thanks.

Damn! Sorry, I didn't notice the zone thing.

I'm a bit sad as I like to hear the director's comments. The trouble is, it
might turn out to be my nightmare/dream in that the narrative sounds just
like two people chatting in a cinema i.e., "hey, this is the funny bit where
he..." just before you see it happen. I'd just love to hear something (just
the once) that sounds like a couple of the Father Ted series narratives that
started to drift some way before the listener realises that they're just
chatting about people they know.

The Robert Rodrigues extras in Once Upon A Time In Mexico is the way to go.
He's added a couple of 'ten minute' things such as how to make the meal that
was shown in the film and IIRC how to make a film.

I assume the Victor Borge DVD might show something about his vineyard ?

Richard.