Old 31-01-2005, 01:10 PM
tennis maynard

Though I feel it would be more appropriate to comment in two weeks when
I receive my copy here at the end of the postal world, Ohio, if we must
jump the gun, I take my cue from your note to OGD quoting the article I
won't see for fourteen more days:

On page 135, second paragraph they write "The individual and combined
analyses demonstrate the distinctiveness of the molecular sequence data of
Phrag. kovachii. All four plants of Phrag. kovachii were identical for
each
sequence analysed."

I think the key phrase is: "for each sequence analyzed". Indicating to
me that only certain parts of its DNA were analyzed. I'm not entirely
sure, but think items ALL of whose DNA has been sequenced are pretty rare.