Old 31-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Jim Stone

Default [IBC] Texas Ebony

Hey Rick,

This has always been my experience. I don't know that I've seen 24 hours
straight but it did survive the 6" of Christmas Eve snow I got that lingered
for three days. I don't think it went below freezing for more than 4 or 5
hours though. This year will be a trial. We've had more than our usual number
of cold snaps this year so we'll see how everything survives. It still has
leaves clinging to it.

I hope you're pleasantly surprised by the tropicals. I've had several get
really unhappy but they do recover- don't throw anything out until July. I've
salvaged several back out of the compost pile in mid summer! Had to regrow
them as shohin/sumo types...

The only ones I move inside are the buttonwoods. Ebony is one tree I don't
like to move- it bites back.

Shalom,

Jim Stone
Galveston, TX

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++