Old 31-01-2005, 02:14 PM

In a message dated 1/31/05 12:03:38 AM, Theo writes:
maybe you should not use florescente lighs mine are outside* on a balcony
all year* , and under a plastic* shelter* roof now

That's what I mean by location. What is the coldest it can possibly get
outdoors where you have the pomegranate? As far as I know, Punica is listed for
Zone 8. Add a zone for container growing and a dwarf cultivar, and the minimum
temperature this tree could stand is 20 F, -6 C. I got a little careless last
week & forgot to turn on the heater one night, & it went down to 15, -10 C in
the sunporch. I'm afraid it would have killed the pomegranate. In addition, if I
gave a pomegranate a normal Zone 5 dormant period, from October to April, I
doubt if it would ever bloom.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++