Old 01-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Dan White

"spiral_72" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, good news...... I found a 1"-40 tap and die to make a plug in the
top of my cylinder. A 1 inch hole isn't exactly what I had in mind, but
it'll have to work for now. I will start with some solid bar stock for
the plug if I can find it..... Chances are I'll have to turn it on the
lathe before the die will accept it.

That's what I'll be doing over lunch today. Probably won't finish
today. I still don't know what pressure this thing will balance out
at..... I couldn't find any information on that. It seems to me the
1200psi would be complete "theoretical" sublimation. I have also
considered, once pressure inside the tank builds, temp should change.
The CO2 will absorb heat? right? I would guess the sublimation rate
will be dependant on the thermal properties of the tank......The tank
will get cold, right?

I know this is a long shot, but is there any concern about the steel you are
using for your cylinder at the very low temperature dry ice is at? Is
embrittlement or anything else that could weaken the cylinder a concern?

dwhite