Old 01-02-2005, 03:54 AM
wronp

GoatDaddy wrote:
I am looking for some hedges that would be fast growing to provide some
privacy. I have about 400 feet that need to be planted and I would like
some suggestion on what type I should get either hedges or anything that
would provide at least 6 feet tall . I live in a rural area and want to
use them to block off a homestead that is a few acres away.

Louis

I have watched everyones suggestions as I too have a large area that I'd
like to block out with a hedge. I like the idea of Mountain Laurels and
yaupons but they are too expensive for such a large run of hedge and
they are also slow growers.

I was thinking of Wax Myrtle, AKA Bayberry. However, I don't know if it
is a fast growing plant or not. Can it be started from a cutting? If so
how would one go about it?

-pokey