Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Jim Lewis

On 31 Jan 2005 at 21:04, Theo wrote:

Olga wrote:

Hello,
I live in Toronto, Canada. Few days ago I bought Azalea in Home Depot.

I noticed that roots filed the pot and there was almost no soil. There were tree plants in one pot. So I decided to report it. (Not a good idea?)
I trimmed the roots, removed all the flowers, and repot in three deferent containers. Soil: 2 parts peat moss, 1 part vermiculite.
Is there any hope?
Since I am in Toronto I have to keep it inside. All of them are in the basement under fluorescent light at 10-12C. Any advice?
Thank you,
Olga

not now .. generally on flowering shrub you do repotting AFTER the
flowering period ..
2-6 months more do not make a big change to a plant especially during
the cold winther

and normally one asks before doing things and not after as you cannot
correct the mistake :-D

But she says she snipped off all the buds. In that case, you
treat an azalea like any other plant and transplant in early
spring. This is VERY early spring for Toronto, but keeping them
inside and under lights and if watering is conducted carefully,
I see no reason that these won't do OK.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Wearing
shorts in mid winter because the bandage and ice pack on leg is
too large for pants -- unless I go to a hip-hop store. ;-)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++