Old 01-02-2005, 10:07 AM
jane

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:50:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

~
wrote in message
roups.com...
~ Hi - I'm new to gardening and interested in growing some herbs. I
~found
~ this online course, and was wondering if anyone has done it and
~could
~ recomend it? Its 67 pounds and maybe my money would be spent on a
~good
~ book & plenty of seeds instead.
~ http://www.acseduonline.com/courses/product.aspx?id=142
~
~If all you want to do is to grow a small selection of the herbs which
~are generally obtainable from seedsmen, nurseries and garden centres,
~you will be wasting your money if you subscribe to that course.
~You only need one or two thin books on herb culture in order to get
~started.
~
~Franz
~
~

If you're really intending to grow a lot of herbs, try this book
(details lifted off their website)

RHS Encyclopedia of Herbs and their Uses
By Deni Bown

A fully-revised edition, now in alphabetical order and including
information on all culinary, medicinal and economic use of herbs.

Hardback 448pp.
ISBN 1405300590
Price £30

I have the old version which I acquired as part of a book club offer,
and learned there's a lot more to herbs than the half dozen things
that usually end up in a herb wheel...

--
jane

Mark Twain