Old 01-02-2005, 01:25 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:52:17 -0000, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

I wonder if they're getting overloaded. They started as a hospitable
service of the Free University of Berlin, and that was probably
pretty painless; but since they got world-famous they've had to
separate the the University's own service and the news.individual one
because the traffic level was so high. I do hope they aren't going to
find it impossible to go on generously supporting us outsiders: they
must have a pretty crowded server-room by now, and I can guess what a
British Vice-Chancellor would say.

I have a feeling that this is a service supported by perhaps the
German government or other offical body on under a 'freedom of speech'
banner; and German university staff are Civil Servants. So the cost to
the Free University of Berlin may be quite low.