Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 PM
figaro

I can't tell you how a Wisteria will do in your climate. I've heard
that they don't flower for around 5 years after you plant them, so plan
on being patient.

Make that 10 years, if then. So plan on being VERY patient. ;-
)

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

I know that experiences vary on this and to say "10 years, if then" is only
going to discourage people who may have a better experience than you.

I happen to have a Wisteria sinensis that I started from seed and it had its
first bloom at 6 inches tall and a grand old age of 5 years old. Last year
it turned 6 and bloomed once in the spring and once in the late summer. I
have kept the pot small and this seems to work very well. Because of this,
I have not had to prune it AT ALL and it is forming a nice windswept style
at this point at about 8 inches tall with three well places branches. I am
very excited about the future of this plant and encourage ANYONE to try
Wisteria from seed.