Old 01-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Derek Broughton

Roy wrote:

TAKE a clue Derek, he is not in any of the north country areas, he is
in california, and its quite legal, so why would he be concerned about
Canada and its regulations......You do not know the answers without
being a smart ass to the fella but just have to post to stay on your
soap box, but that certaianly does not help him now does it?

Don't be such an annoying litte child. It's not an issue of Canadian
regulations, it's an issue of California ones. In most American states
_and_ Canadian provinces, it is illegal to move native fish from one body
of water to another EVEN if they're native. So it is important to point
out that one could get into trouble for it. If the OP doesn't care about
the law, I'm not concerned, but people should at least know where they
stand. I take it, that despite your obvious immaturity, you are actually
licensed to practice law in California, right? Surely you wouldn't just
impersonate a lawyer and say "its quite legal" (btw, that's a contraction,
there should be an apostrophe).

Native fish do not tear up planats as bad as koi and gold fish
do........actually they treat the plants fine, as most are feeders of
live food and not vegetarians. To a native type fish as bass and bream
plants are cover, not food like a koi views it.

Talk about soapboxes. "Native fish" is such a gross-overgeneralization.
Some will be worse, some better. I've never once had a goldfish tear up a
plant.

Call your local county extension agent, or the fisheries division of
your local university and they have a wealth of info that they will
send you for free in regards to what your wanting to do.

Finally a bit of sense.

--
derek