Old 01-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Derek Broughton

Roy wrote:

Thats bullshit and you know it. If it happens to get pulled out,
perhaps it may regrow, but if its lost due to ulcers trhat are bad,
and it affected the root area its not going to come back.........and
odds are if its bad enough to loose the scale due to such its history
as to its coming back. so ...perhaps you may want to check with a
fisheries biologist, and BTW the scales are closer to nails than
hair..........Anytime you would like to pout your money where your
mouth is on this topic just say so...............I'll be glad to spend
your money

LOL. Hang on, and I'll wait for the boss to come back and check again.

He IS a fisheries biologist.

It's not BS. You're right (twice in one day, I'm amazed) that if scales are
lost due to "ulcers that are bad" the scarring is likely going to be such
that the scales won't grow back. But neither you nor I know if the
scarring is that bad, do we. I stand by the analogy, scales still
routinely regrow when lost (in fact, as I can attest, so do fingernails -
I've lost two of them and got them back - one slightly deformed).
--
derek
Marine Fish Division