Old 01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

Some of you may remember my wife's attempt at convincing me I was losing
my mind, when I found a jumping kangaroo like mouse in the house a few
months back.

I may be insane, but Yahoo! is apparently in on it...

Jumping Mouse Loses Federal Protection

WASHINGTON - The Preble's meadow jumping mouse, once seen as a costly
impediment to development, is now viewed by the government as a critter
that never really existed - and is no longer in need of federal protection
under the Endangered Species Act.

Sorry, but the point of that whole piece is that it never _did_ exist
(though, to be fair, the Preble's jumping mouse doesn't exist only because
it's actually just a different kind of jumping mouse :-) )
--
derek