Old 01-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Mike Lyle

anton wrote:
wrote in message
anton wrote:
wrote in message

[snip]

The issue is silver leaf disease but there's no agreement on

when
to prune to avoid it. Some sites say don't prune in winter,

prune
in May, however other sites say almost the opposite. I found

one
site that said "To avoid silver leaf disease, prune young trees

in
winter, mid-December is a good time. For older trees, avoid
pruning in May and September to October." (What's 'young' and
'old'?)

It's:-

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_...ch_2d_plum.asp

(watch for wrapping, if you don't use Mozilla/Firefox)

It specifically refers to silver leaf disease but gives the months

referred to above.

I've emailed them to ask who their plum expert is.

I'll be interested to know what they say. I've emailed them about it,
too (as I think I said earlier today).

Mike.