Old 02-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Cereus-validus...

Better yet, put up a life sized poster of Janet Broccoli.

A poster of that wicked witch will scare away almost everything including
cats, children and munchkins ............but not flying monkeys!!!

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message m
from VX contains these words:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:54:39 +0000, JennyC wrote
(in message ):

I've seen one strange thing recommended for deterring cats- I have
no idea
how well it works, but it is dried "lion dung" or pellets treated with
same.
Supposedly they smell a big cat and stay away!
VX (remove alcohol for email)

I have inside information that says its a con by the Zoo's to
generate extra
cash flow !
Jenny

Are you saying that this is a load of crap?

Er, let me rephrase that. Are you saying it doesn't really work? I have
already passed the lion dung idea on to others and I need to know if I'm
making a pointless suggestion!

Of course it's crap. Otherwise, you too would have inherited a
subconscious ancestral terror of being hunted by the sabre-toothed tiger
. The mere sight of a nylon-tiger-fur cushion/blouse, (or a large tabby
cat), would impel you to hide the children up the nearest tree and
snatch a burning brand from the fake-log gas fire.

Janet.