Old 02-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Katra

In article ,
escape wrote:

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:08:01 -0600, Katra
opined:

The vast majority of the ones that sprout do not survive......
The local wildlife like to eat them, so do my emus. And no, they are not
eating the berries, just the leaves. Any young trees that were in the
henyard were long since destroyed by my birds. I have yet to see any
survive outside of my yard, and the back "wild" alley.

And they do make excellent hedges. ;-)

What is wrong with using a good, tough, low maintenance plant for
landscaping?

It's not like we are talking about Kudzu or anything!

It doesn't have to be like kudzu to be completely invasive.

http://www.invasive.org/eastern/srs/JP.html

This is a great website to get ideas:
http://www.nativesoftexas.com/catalog.html

snipped
Nice website, thanks!
I've considered getting Mexican marigolds since
I seem to not be able to keep tarragon alive,
and I really like it for poultry.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain