Old 10-02-2003, 04:55 AM

Default Half dead? Oranda Question

go here http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...se/disease.htm
do the physical. if the gills are bright red, do a fast 30 second salt dip and put
it in well aerated water and bring the temp up. add a bit of salt to the water.
then follow the clean up brining fish in from the pond
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p.../care/care.htm
keep the water pristine. Ingrid

"Dominique" wrote:

I have had a fist sized Oranda missing since Oct. (I live in the Kansas City area, and water temp is held at 45*). Well it miraculously appeared today in the middle of the pond laying on it's side but breathing. It used to be very orange, but is now mostl

y black. It is really scraped on one of it's sides.

I guess it is just a waiting game to see if it will survive. I guess it has been stuck behind a rock all this time.

Any suggestions on care I should be giving this fish?

DY