Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Jay

Default lawn around tree

I have a big oak tree in my backyard. The lawn(bermuda) around the tree is
struggling though I have been making extra effeort on that area in the last
years. So I am having this idea of get rid of the grass abound the tree root
and create a raised bed there to plant some shade-like plants. After some
internet search, I found that it is not recommended because it may do harm
to the tree. It is suggested just put mulch lightly around the tree root.
But that looks a little dull and I really want to make it nice-looking. Any
good suggestions? Thanks.

Jay