Old 02-02-2005, 09:44 PM
dps

I assume your friend has an allergy to stings. There's no other real
reason not to like bees.

Foraging bees rarely sting. They will sting if they are put in a
position from which they cannot escape, but if they're on a flower you
can generally just brush them off without any problem. If you don't feel
like brushing them off, just shake the flower and they will go
elsewhere. If you get too near the beehive, however, they may sting, but
they will buzz loudly around you first.

The same is not necessarily true of wasps or yellowjackets, however they
are generally not a big problem until late summer or fall.

In general, the wasps and yellowjackets are more likely than bees to
sting people, and it is that kind of insect you should be more aware of.

Pepperqueen wrote:
Hello!
I have a question for a friend of mine, who would love to know if there are
any types of flower plants that would "not" attract bee's?
Thank you,
Deb