Old 03-02-2005, 09:40 AM
jane

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:22:55 +0100, wrote:

~On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:20:26 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
~wrote:
~
~
~We have always had ours facing NE so they get the early morning sun through
~the hole but nothing after that. Get Blue Tits most years even in the ones
~I've screwed on the side of the house next to each other for Sparrows (who
~like a community nest site).
~
~Would you like to rephrase that? :-)

Oh dear thanks for that laugh! I hadn't even noticed the possible...
er... connotations of the phrasing till you pointed it out!

Just for the thread, I put a new box up a Bramley on the allotment
last year, hoping for Blue Tits (which for years I've caller burglar
birds). Thought nobody had taken up the offer until I was weeding the
orchard one day and became conscious of being told off by a very loud
Great Tit. I have no clue how many chicks they raised but it was
awfully hard to get to that end of the lottie for weeks without
getting complaints from the parents! But there are a suspiciously
large number of GTs in the orchard so far this year, so here's
hoping...

--
jane

Mark Twain