Old 03-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Timothy

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:02:22 -0800, Blue wrote:

I have a 7x7 square in a walled corner in which I would like to place a
pine for future Winter Solstice decorating. The spot is mostely shady. I
would like one with some noticeable pine fragrance and that I can keep
below 10 feet in height without too much effort. Any suggestions?

You maybe able to get away with a dwarf alberta spruce (Picea glauca
`Conica'). Unsure where you live, but these trees are rather cheap around
here. They do have spider mite issues though.

I would suggest that you go to a few different local nurseries and see
what they have that meets your hight X width requirements. No matter what
you select, you may still have issues with the low light levels.
Good luck.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com