Old 03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
sawney bean

Debs, dont listen to the negative crap from some posters.

Plant the seeds in a pot and keep moist. In april you can plant them out in
the garden. let them grow each year and dont prune them back or you will not
get any fruit but I warn you that the leaves can grow to 12" in diameter and
the plant can grow to 20 foot high after 5 years. I have lots of fruit here
in the midlands but when they are nearly ripe you need to rub olive oil on
the ends then cover the frits with netting.

Django

"Deborah P." wrote in message
Whilst eating a fig back in November I suddenly decided to plant some of
the seeds. I stuck them in a freezer bag of seed compost, put them on a
window sill and forgot about them. I now have about 20 to 30 seedlings.
What do I do now? Are they worth growing on, or are figs like many other
fruits and best left to experts in their earlier stages?

I did the same thing with dates at Christmas. I now have some stones
with sort of tap roots - these I have planted into small pots, some in
plastic bags, some not. Are they worth carrying on with?

Thank you in advance

Deborah