Old 04-02-2005, 12:15 PM
jane

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:49:49 +0000 (UTC), in uk.rec.gardening Franz
wrote:

~
~"jane" wrote in message
~ On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:24:13 GMT, Janet Baraclough
~ wrote:
~
~ ~The message
~ ~from (jane) contains these words:
~ ~
~ ~
~ ~ Perhaps we should start a new thread on better hot home
~composting
~ ~ techniques! I'm all ears... (though please can the chaps note
~that for
~ ~ us ladies, providing recycled beer activation doesn't happen when
~up
~ ~ the allotments!)
~ ~
~ ~ Speak for yourself!When I had an allotment, there were no loos
~on the
~ ~site, and I was usually up there for half a day with accompanying
~ ~infants. Older people would spend the entire day there.
~ ~Occasionally they disappeared discreetly into their rickety
~hut....or
~ ~behind their compost heap/rhubarb patch.
~ ~
~
~ :-)
~
~ Trouble is we've a *very* open site like an amphitheatre so can be
~ overlooked by a bus route and main road to housing estate. I did put
~a
~ bucket in the shed at one point but it now gets used for escorting
~ bindweed off the premises and rarely for the original intention!
~
~Invest in a second bucket?

I know, way too logical :-) but yes, probably will do at some point!

Need to dig out the compost heap first, so I can redistribute the
non-rotted stuff. Might happen to do a lawn cut this weekend and add
some grass clippings too. Though more likely to be moss clippings.

~ I have been tempted to put a bolt on the shed door - inside!
~
~I would have thought that that would be a prime requirement..
Actually getting the roof nailed back on is first!

We were lucky - we have no outer lock and no windows so the vandals
who destroyed part of nearly every shed on site over Christmas didn't
break any of the main structure, and the roof felt was already
flapping. All we had was a redistribution of the shed contents all
over the place.

I felt sorry for the newbie family who'd put up a recycled shed, and
put a tiny little stained glass window in. We'd all been saying how
lovely it was.

Not any more :-(

--
jane