Old 04-02-2005, 12:43 PM
jane

Default mini greenhouses

Don't know if this will help anyone, but the latest T&M Essentials
Catalogue has got something in it which they call a plant house (tm),
which is effectively one of those tall, small footprint mini
greenhouses but with permanent polycarbonate walls, hardwood framed
doors and a liftable cold-frame-like lid. In trying to find it on
their website I found the manufacturers and then found to my glee that
they auction off factory seconds of the larger size on ebay. Great for
folk who can't bend to a normal cold frame or want something more
substantial than a bit of zipped plastic over a stand or don't have
room for a normal frame.

I bagged one a couple of days ago for a fraction of the RRP: they
auction them off in threes. There's already another auction going. I
hope it will arrive next week, so if anyone wants a review of it, I'll
post it then!
I expect to have to glue some of the panels or repair cracked
polycarbonate, as they say that is why they're seconds. Then I can
rescue my badly sited old glass frame, clean it and put away for when
I have a larger garden!

--
jane

Mark Twain