Old 04-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Bob

5 gpm isn't very much for a sprinkler system. If he's just running one
sprinkler at a time, 1" might do it.

Bob

"dps" wrote in message
I used 1.25" stuff for a 700' run. The pressure drop does not appear to
be more than about 10psi at 5gpm. Since the pressure starts at 40-50 psi
I think I still have enough to work with. The 1.25" polyethylene tubing
was a bit more expensive than the 1" stuff, but was still affordable.
1.5" is probably available at HD also. Larger than that gets pricey and
you'll have to go somewhere else to find it.

Bob wrote:
...I used 1" for my whole sprinkler system. For a 250 foot run, I'd

certainly
want something bigger. You'd get better pressure.

Bob