Old 04-02-2005, 06:47 PM
bud

How about an American or Chinese Fringe tree? I've had one of each and love
them both.

"Jeff Springer" wrote in message
Hi,

Since we are getting close to spring I thought that I seek some ideas from
the group. I would like to solicit ideas for a small tree (20-25' max.)
to be placed in my front yard. A little history..... The house was
previously owned by a landscaper and he has already planted a nice
assortment of trees: japanese maples (coral bark, red laceleaf, green
laceleaf), corkscrew willow, river birches, holly trees, magnolia, pin
oak, zelkova, mostly in the backyard. The front yard has wonderful shrub
and flower beds, but I would really like to fill one spot near the
driveway (= no sappy trees)..... I want to find something that is rare and
unique (a showstopper). While I am not looking to spend a bundle, I would
definitely pay more to acquire such a tree. Any ideas? Something that
would fluorish in SW Wake County.
One tree I am thinking about is a Chinese flame tree.....