Old 04-02-2005, 03:06 PM
jane

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:39:07 -0000, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

~snip
~
~Put a large bag of seed compost inside to warm up a bit yesterday, so
~ I can start sowing this weekend :-)
~
~
~ --
~ jane
~
~ Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone,
~ you may still exist but you have ceased to live.
~ Mark Twain
~
~Good luck :-)

thanks!

I usually do leeks about now, and annual stuff like rudbeckias. It's
also fun to pop dwarf French beans in pots inside: they've two chances
and having fresh beans in May is really nice :-) and Amsterdam forcing
carrots also grow well in pots.

It's just nice to see stuff growing again. Though this year I don't
think I'll do what I did a couple ago, and plant a butternut squash
inside in March. Darn thing took off like a rocket and never did get
put outside as it was too big by the time frosts were over!

--
jane

Mark Twain