Old 04-02-2005, 09:35 PM
dps

John Bachman wrote:
... The ditch witch will do a good job if there are no significant rocks
but it takes a healthy fellow to operate it...

When I first used a ditch witch it did a great job, making a nice narrow
4" wide trench until I came to a foundation for a stone wall that had
become buried over the years. Man, did that thing jump around. It
actually managed to pull out the rocks (they stalled the ditch witch
several times), some of which had dimensions in the 8-12" range. The
resulting hole was about 2' wide at that point.

I also found a buried barn foundation. Those rocks were in the 3' range.
The ditch witch didn't move them much, but they certainly moved the
ditch witch around.

It takes at least two healthy fellows to operate it safely.