Old 04-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Phisherman

On 4 Feb 2005 13:10:26 -0800, wrote:

I love baked sweet potatoes. Is it hard to grow these? I have never
gron them before. I have grown regular potaos before. DO they grow like
them? Into a bush that you pull up when they are ready to harvest?

Sweet potatoes grow like weeds here in east TN. At the end of the
season they are plentiful and inexpensive. I don't grow them because
my vegetable garden is currently limited to 400 sq feet and sweet
potatoes need a lot of space, even more than Idaho potatoes. Sweet
potatoes make an interesting "kitchen house plant" growing in a glass
with a little water.