Old 04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren"wrote ...

My garden is riddled with spraing, and always has been. It was very
bad last year, and has particularly affected my Champions - which I
cannot simply get new seed of, as they are not available.

Is there anything practical I can do, short of not growing potatoes
for some years and starting again with clean stock?

We have it on the allotments a bit, but the severity of the problem does
depend on variety. Horrid problem, don't know you have it until you cut the
spud open, makes it impossible to use them as baked spuds.

Those with good resistance to Spraing are...

First Early..
Arran Pilot
Lady Christl
Premier