Old 05-02-2005, 02:53 AM
KevinH

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message
In a message dated 2/4/2005 8:43:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Billy. One question though... since the
chop was made yesterday, should I apply the wood hardener now, to the

dry
cut, or wait some period of time?

I wouldn't wait, they rot in the blink of an eye. I apply multiple coats
over a couple of days/weeks to let the wood adsorb the chemicals.

Done. I endured heavy traffic, got the Minwax at Home Depot, and applied it
right away, 3 coats one after the other. I'll apply another one or two in
the days ahead.

Everyone's posts have been helpful and encouraging. Thank-you. The trunk
is truly awesome. The base is slighly flared like nice hips then narrows at
the waist, goes on a bit and divides into arms, two nicely opposing trunks
about 4 inches in diameter. It already has great flow and movement. I see
a dancer or the Venus de Milo. I'm photographing everything and will post
to the IBC site after foliage emerges.

Kevin
+++
A path is made by walking. - Chuang Tsu