Old 05-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Elaine T

spiral_72 wrote:
Although, the site is not much...... Check out the picture of my tank.
Feel free to comment. some links/ect don't work just yet.

http://www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html

I just installed my homebuilt light hood (which isn't in the picture)
with 160W of light. The fluorescent tubes are regular shop lights and
seem to emit a lot in the yellow-green spectrum. I think that's why I
am growing so much algae all of the sudden. Plant tubes next....more
pics to come of my light hood, my CO2 generator (see link below) and my
little 10 galllon.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7b2feb6b8ba83a

Pretty tank. I love the piece of driftwood you found.

Um...you're maybe suddenly growing algae because you don't have enough
plants. When I plant a tank for high light and CO2, I generally cover
75% of the substrate.

Half shop light tubes and half hardware store gro-lux bulbs give both
good plant growth and good color for watching the tank. Not quite as
nice as Tritons, but much, much cheaper.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__