Old 05-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 2/4/2005 1:44:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

My hubby just brought home 2 miniature azaleas. I know there are certain
times to root prune and replant. Am I too late....south Florida, zone 10.

They were only labeled as miniature azaleas - specific variety not listed.
They
are in lovely bloom...one double fuchsia and one single pink with white
edges on the petals.

These plants struggle in the heat and humidity of south Florida. They are
usually forced into bloom, sold at Publix, already in bloom, taken home, enjoyed
and killed. One architect I know down there said they were putting dwarf
bougainvillea in landscapes where they would put Azaleas further north.
You will need to provide cool, outdoor shade all spring, summer and fall. I
recommend a clay, unglazed pot and pure "Canadian Peat" for the soil.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++