Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Theo

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

These plants struggle in the heat and humidity of south Florida.

well Japan is hot and damp a in some places and azaleas are
everywhere from cold north to monsonic half tropical south , Rhodos
are new breeds so quite hardy for cold and warm climate as well
I leave mine in full sun south or north sometmes 45 ° celsious or -6
in winthere , and they are always fine.. but love sun as are normally
mountains plants
I am only careful during the flowering period and I put them in
shade or half sun
peat or briar acidic soil or kanuma ( expensive) are the suitable
soils for these plants form supermarket in 6 years you can get
something lovely with a 2 " thick diameter trunk even in a pot
I have some

They are
usually forced into bloom, sold at Publix, already in bloom, taken home, enjoyed
and killed. One architect I know down there said they were putting dwarf
bougainvillea in landscapes where they would put Azaleas further north.
You will need to provide cool, outdoor shade all spring, summer and fall. I
recommend a clay, unglazed pot and pure "Canadian Peat" for the soil.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :